All Memberships are due for renewal on 1st October each year, irrespective of when during the year you joined or last renewed.
Payment can be made (sterling only please):-
- through your Online Banking, quoting our bank details (Sort Code 51-81-20, Account No. 76694550) with your Membership Number and Surname as reference, or
- Visit our shop to pay by Debit Card, Credit Card or PayPal, or
- by cheque – write your membership number on the back, complete a Renewal form and post or take both to the Treetops Research Centre or meetings, or
- in cash – complete a Renewal form and take both to the Treetops Research Centre or meetings. Do not send cash by post.
Membership renewal documentation is enclosed with the September edition of the Journal, but you can also print a copy here. A completed Renewal Form is only required if paying by cheque or cash.
Please ensure that Dorset FHS are kept advised of any address changes (including any e-mail). Please select ‘Membership’ from the drop down box on the Contact Us form and include your old and new contact details and your Membership number.
Membership Renewal FAQs
Do you issue Renewal Membership Cards? No, renewal cards are not issued. Please keep a note of your membership number (it is shown on your Membership Card and on the Journal mailing label) and quote it when contacting the Society.
How do I know that my Membership has been renewed? The December Journal (the first Journal of the new Membership Year) will ONLY be sent out if you renew your Membership on time. If you do not receive it, please check your bank or card statements to see if your payment has been received.
Can I pay by Standing Order? Yes. If you already pay by Standing Order please check with your Bank that the amount payable on 1st October will be for the correct amount. If you do not currently pay by Standing Order and wish to do so, use the details quoted above to set up an annual payment through your Online Banking before 1st October, or obtain a form from your Bank.
May we encourage all members who pay Income or Capital Gains Tax in the UK to complete the Gift Aid declaration on the Renewal form? If you have previously completed a Gift Aid Declaration there is no need to do so again each year.
HM Revenue & Customs enables Charities, like us, and Community Amateur Sports Clubs (CASCs) to register subscriptions as a donation for Gift Aid purposes. By this means we can claim back the tax paid by UK taxpayers on their subscription, making it worth an extra 25p for every £1 paid to the Society.
You must pay an amount of UK Income Tax and / or Capital Gains Tax for each tax year (6 April to 5 April) that is at least equal to the amount of tax that all the Charities or CASCs that you donate to will reclaim on your gifts for that tax year. Other taxes such as VAT and Council Tax do not qualify.
Please notify us if you:
- Want to cancel the declaration
- Change your name or home address
- No longer pay sufficient tax on your income and / or capital gains.