The Society holds two meetings in most months.
In addition, we attend Fairs organised by other Family History Societies or local community events and organise coach trips from the Bournemouth area, usually to the National Archives in London. See our events calendar for more information.
See our Education pages for information about workshop activities.
Dorset Family History Society
Terms and Conditions
General Cancellation Policy for paid events
This cancellation policy applies to:
- Coach trips to any venue/museum/event
- Workshops which are part of our education programme
- Any other pre-booked, ticketed or paid for event organised by the Society
This cancellation policy does not apply to our standard monthly meetings or computer club as pre-booking is not required and fees can be paid on arrival or online.
Cancellation by you:
- Cancellation can be made by advising the organiser at any time, that you are unable to attend. Advising us that you are unable to attend is appreciated as we will know not to expect you at the stated departure point/event location.
- If cancellation is made more than 14 days prior to the event a full refund will be given
- If cancellation is made on or less than 14 days no refund will be payable.
This is because any costs incurred by us to offer the event are usually payable 14 days in advance.
We will advise as part of the booking process if any other conditions apply to a specific future event.
Cancellation by us;
Occasionally we may not have sufficient numbers to be able to offer a viable event or trip. Where this may occur, we will make a committed decision 14 days prior to any event/trip to either cancel or finance any shortfall to be able to operate.
In this event, should we cancel 14 days prior to the event full refunds will be payable.
We reserve the right to cancel/re-organise should circumstances outside of our control (eg tutor/speaker illness, strike, closure etc) cause the event/trip to be affected. Should this occur we will contact those due to travel/attend with proposals.