The following benefits are available to members:-
- 11 monthly meetings (not August) at Upper Parkstone, near Poole, Dorset
- Computer Group – 10 monthly meetings (not January or August) at Treetops Research Centre
- Quarterly Journal (posted on the 1st working day of December, March, June & September). New Members receive the Journals published since the beginning of their membership year
- Register Members’ Interests and contact others researching the same surname
- Reduced fees for Search Services
- Dorset Family History information – some booklets, CDs and fiche are for sale, other records can be searched on your behalf for a fee
- Research advice available at meetings and at our Treetops Research Centre
- Personal research can be carried out at our Treetops Research Centre (+ 1 to 1 assistance available if needed). Not restricted to Dorset records
- Sales table – available at meetings and by post
- Lending library
- Exchange journals from many other Family History Societies available on loan (personal visitors to Treetops only)
- Coach trips to London Record Offices and, as occasion demands, to other Family History venues
- E-News – an email round up of items which may be of interest.
Further details of many of these benefits can be found by exploring the menu.
Both the Quarterly Journal and E-News are only sent to those who have given written consent to receive information by post or email.
Follow the link for a copy of the Society’s Charitable Trust Constitution.
Annual membership runs until 30th September each year.
|2018 – 2019||UK||OVERSEAS|
|Annual subscription (1st October to 30th September)||£12.00||£16.00|
|(Receive Journals issued December to September)|
New members can apply here
Existing Members can renew here