The following benefits are available to members:
- 11 Monthly Meetings (not August) in Poole, Dorset or on Zoom.
- Computer Group : 10 monthly Zoom meetings (not January or August)
- Quarterly Journal (posted on the 1st working day of December, March, June & September). New Members receive the Journals published since the beginning of their membership year.
- E-News: an email round up of items which may be of interest. Only sent to those who have given written consent to receive information by email.
- Register Surname Interests and contact others researching the same surname.
- Access to Members’ Area: Password is provided in the latest E-News.
- Dorset Family History information: some booklets, CDs and fiche are for sale, other records can be searched on your behalf for a fee.
- Research advice is available at meetings, and at our Treetops Research Centre.
- Personal research can be carried out at our Treetops Research Centre (plus 1 to 1 assistance is available if needed). Not restricted to Dorset records.
- Sales table – available at meetings and by post.
- Lending library.
- Electronic copies of exchanged journals from many other Family History Societies are available in the Members’ Area.
- Coach trips to The National Archives at Kew, London and, as occasion demands, to other Family History venues.
Further details of many of these benefits can be found by exploring the above menu.
Follow the link for a copy of the Society’s Charitable Trust Constitution.
Annual membership runs 1st October to 30th September each year.
|2023 – 2024||UK||OVERSEAS|
New Members can apply here
Existing Members can renew here