The following benefits are available to members:-
- 11 Monthly Meetings (not August) in Poole, Dorset
- Computer Group – 10 monthly meetings (not January or August) at Treetops Research Centre
- Quarterly Journal (posted on the 1st working day of December, March, June & September). New Members receive the Journals published since the beginning of their membership year
- Register Members’ Interests (surnames you are researching) and contact others researching the same surname
- Access to Members’ Area – Password in latest Journal
- Post and answer questions on the Help Forum (registration required)
- Reduced fees for Search Services
- Dorset Family History information – some booklets, CDs and fiche are for sale, other records can be searched on your behalf for a fee
- Research advice available at meetings and at our Treetops Research Centre
- Personal research can be carried out at our Treetops Research Centre (+ 1 to 1 assistance available if needed). Not restricted to Dorset records
- Sales table – available at meetings and by post
- Lending library
- Exchange journals from many other Family History Societies. Electronic copies available in the Members’ Area. Some paper copies available to borrow (personal visitors to Treetops only)
- Coach trips to London Record Offices and, as occasion demands, to other Family History venues
- E-News – an email round up of items which may be of interest. Only sent to those who have given written consent to receive information by email.
Further details of many of these benefits can be found by exploring the menu.
Follow the link for a copy of the Society’s Charitable Trust Constitution.
Annual membership runs until 30th September each year.
|2018 – 2019||UK||OVERSEAS|
|Annual subscription (1st October to 30th September)||£12.00||£16.00|
|(Receive Journals issued December to September)|
New members can apply here
Existing Members can renew here