All Memberships are due for renewal on 1st October each year, irrespective of when during the year you joined or last renewed. If you do not currently pay by Standing Order and wish to do so, use the following Bank details to set up an annual payment on 1st October through your Online Banking, or obtain a form from your Bank.

Payment can be made (sterling only please):

  • Through your Online Banking, quoting our Bank details (Sort Code 51-81-20, Account No. 76694550) with your Membership Number and Surname as reference; or
  • Visit our shop, select Membership, add the appropriate New Membership product to your Basket and include your Membership number in the Notes section. At Checkout, select an appropriate payment method; or
  • By cheque:  write your Membership Number on the back, complete a Renewal Form and post it or take it to the Treetops Research Centre or one of our meetings; or
  • Pay by cash:  complete a Renewal Form and take both to the Treetops Research Centre or to one of our meetings. Please do not send cash by post.

A Renewal Form is enclosed with the September edition of the Journal, but you can also print a copy here.  A completed Renewal form is only required if you are paying by cheque or cash.  You do not need to complete a form if you are renewing Online or automatically through your Bank.

Please ensure that Dorset FHS are kept advised of any address changes (including any e-mail).  Please select ‘Membership’ from the dropdown box on the Contact Us form and include your old and new contact details and your Membership number.

Membership Renewal FAQs

Do you issue Renewal Membership Cards?
No, Membership Cards are no longer issued. Please keep a note of your membership number (it is shown on your Welcome Letter and the Journal envelope each quarter) and quote it when contacting the Society.
How do I know that my Membership has been renewed?
The December Journal (the first Journal of the new Membership Year) will ONLY be sent out if you renew your Membership on time. If you do not receive it, please check your bank or card statements, to see if your payment has been received, before contacting us.
Do you collect payment by Direct Debit?
No, we do not have the resources to operate a Direct Debit system, but we do welcome regular payments by annual Standing Order.
I already pay by Standing Order. Do I need to do anything now?
Please check with your Bank that the amount payable on 1st October will be for the correct amount. Don’t use any of the other options to also make a separate payment.

We would like to encourage all members who pay Income or Capital Gains Tax in the UK to complete the Gift Aid declaration.  HM Revenue & Customs enables Charities, like us, to register subscriptions as a donation for Gift Aid purposes.  By this means we can claim back the tax paid by UK members on their subscription, making it worth an extra 25p for every £1 paid to the Society, at no extra cost to you or us. Thank you.

If you pay less Income Tax and / or Capital Gains Tax than the amount of Gift Aid claimed on all your donations in that tax year it is your responsibility to pay any difference.

Please notify us if you:

  1. Want to cancel the declaration;
  2. Change your name or home address;
  3. No longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains.