|Stanley House||Research Area||Sales Area||Library|
Our Research Centre is open for anyone with either Dorset or non Dorset ancestors for you to conduct your own research in our Research material.
The centre will be open Monday/Wednesday/Saturday from Wednesday 21st July 2021 10.00 – 15.00. However, should we need to amend this due to any Covid Government Guidelines our ‘News’ page will keep you informed. You are welcome to contact us directly prior to your visit, particularly if you are travelling some distance.
While we learn to live with Covid, we want to ensure the safety of both visitors and our volunteers, so we ask you to help us to minimise the risks by;
– making use of the hand sanitisers on arrival
– considering your own personal circumstances and be considerate of volunteers/other visitors
– being aware of current or changing guidance in respect of the use of masks. Although these will no longer be a legal requirement please consider others, particularly should the centre become busy, when moving around or seeking help from our volunteers. Please bring a mask with you.
– continuing to use the QR code for the NHS Test & Trace service. Contact details will be taken if you are unable to use the QR code, for the purpose of NHS Test & Trace.
– not visiting Treetops if you are unwell or have any symptoms of Covid
– informing us if have you have been contacted by NHS Test & Trace within 14 days of your visit.
Opening times for enquiries and personal research are:-
- Monday, Wednesday and Saturday from 10.00am to 3.00 pm.
- Closed Saturday & Monday of Bank Holiday weekends
- Personal research outside these times may be possible if booked in advance
Unless stated otherwise on Current News
£3.00 per day
- Internet access to websites including subscriptions to Ancestry UK / Worldwide, Fold3 from Ancestry (military records), The Genealogist, Findmypast and British Newspaper Archives
- Access to data records on CD
Fiche readers for
- Parish Register Transcriptions for Dorset
- Monumental and Memorial Inscription Transcriptions for Dorset
- Miscellaneous information for other counties (see Research Records)
- Lending Library
- Sales Area
- Friendly one to one help & guidance
- Tea / Coffee (small charge)
- Ground level access – using the entrance at the back of the building
- For Blue Badge parking please contact us before travelling (toilets are not wheelchair accessible)