|Stanley House||Research Area||Sales Area||Library|
Our Research Centre is open to anyone, wherever your ancestors lived Dorset, elsewhere in the UK or overseas, for you to conduct your own research using our Research material or resources.
The centre is open Monday/Wednesday/Saturday 10.00 – 15.00. You are welcome to contact us before your visit, particularly if you are travelling some distance, though in any event we recommend booking to ensure we can allocate a PC to you.
To ensure the safety of both visitors and our volunteers, we would ask you to postpone/re-arrange your visit if you are unwell or have any symptoms of Covid
Opening times for enquiries and personal research are:-
- Monday, Wednesday and Saturday from 10.00am to 3.00 pm.
- Please note we are closed Saturday & Monday of Bank Holiday weekends
- Personal research outside these times may be possible if booked in advance
Unless stated otherwise on Current News
£3.00 per day
- Internet access to websites including subscriptions to Ancestry UK / Worldwide, Fold3 from Ancestry (military records), The Genealogist, Findmypast and British Newspaper Archives
- Access to data records on CD
Fiche readers for
- Parish Register Transcriptions for Dorset
- Monumental and Memorial Inscription Transcriptions for Dorset
- Miscellaneous information for other counties (see Research Records)
- Lending Library
- Sales Area
- Friendly one to one help & guidance
- Tea / Coffee (small charge)
- Ground level access – using the entrance at the back of the building
- For Blue Badge parking please contact us before travelling (toilets are not wheelchair accessible)